[asterisk-users] High delay and some echo

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Tue Jun 11 13:42:31 CDT 2019

On Tuesday 11 June 2019 at 20:32:49, Luca Bertoncello wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> I use Asterisk 13.14.1 from Debian repository on a DSL from Deutsche
> Telekom.
>
> Asterisk works well, but I have really often an high delay (I understand
> it since the other party speak some seconds before he hears my question
> and answer) and sometimes I hear an echo.

I think the main question here is: how are you connecting Asterisk to the
telephone system?

You mention that you're on DSL from Deutsche Telekom, but is the call going
over this DSL link to soem SIP provider, who then connects you to the PSTN, or
are you connecting Asterisk locally to the phone line via some ATA device?

In fact, it's probably worth outlining your hardware arrangement as much as
possible:

 - what sort of telephone are you using - analogue or SIP?
 - where is your Asterisk server - on your local network, or hosted elsewhere?
 - how is Asterisk connected to the PSTN?
 - are the people you're talking to on analogue landline phones, mobiles, or
SIP phones?
 - anything else you can tell us along these lines would probably be helpful.

Oh, and what's the *upstream* bandwidth of your Telekom connection?

Antony.

--
A few words to be cautious of between American and English:
 - momentarily

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.