[asterisk-users] Better audio in than just 8k

Jerry Geis jerry.geis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 14:06:17 CDT 2019

>>Jerry, What if you specify a higher bitrate to mpg123?

>>You are limiting it to 8k with the 'r' option.

>>I convert my source audio files with sox to 16khz signed linear for
>>wideband hold music.

>>sox -c1 hold.wav -r 16000 -c 1 -e signed-integer -r 16k hold.raw

>>Then I rename the .raw file to a .sln16 and place it in the moh directory.

>>On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 11:21 AM Jerry Geis <jerry.geis at gmail.com>
wrote:

HI John, Thanks - I guess I was assuming the audio from MOH had to be at 8k
as perhaps asterisk was expecting it to be at that rate.
from the source everything was using mp123 and converting to 8k was what it
appeared to me. I was looking at MP3Player source.
When I tried other things like (the audio is also available on pulseaudio)
I was getting static. All these things were leading me down the 8K path.

Jerry