[asterisk-users] Asterisk and pulseaudio Console/dsp

Jerry Geis jerry.geis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 13:24:23 CDT 2019

Hi All,

I am running pulseaudio on my asterisk server.
I setup and extension to connect me with Console/Dsp.   I am hearing the
audio but its warbly or does not sound right.  Any thoughts on what I need
to do for that  ?

Another thought is I tried to setup the Musiconhold to be custom and the
application be a bash script that that plays pulseaudio.
[default]
mode=custom
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/moh
application=/usr/local/bin/playconsole

and playconsole is:
/usr/bin/parecord --format=s16le

But I hear nothing. The script is executable. With no file for the parecord
it should be going to stdout which should go into asterisk. I also just
tried /usr/bin/parecord and no --format=s16le

How can I get correct audio from pulseaudio into asterisk ?
Thanks,

Jerry