[asterisk-users] Question on calculating the md5_sum

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Wed Jul 10 10:47:32 CDT 2019

Using chan_sip, we are able to register with an NEC switch.  When I try to REGISTER with PJSIP, the authentication is being rejected.  Traces show it's using md5 authentication.
The packets looks almost identical.  The one area that I suspect is causing the problem is the md5_cred for my pjsip.conf registration.

I'm using a Poco MD5 utility to generate the MD5 passing username:realm:password
Where username is 3016
Realm is asterisk (default)
Password is 3016 which is the same as chan_sip's secret
The value I'm setting the md5_cred in auth section to is 63e8aedc77335879c93123055d21211d

Would this value match what chan_sip would pass as the md5 credentials?

Our sip.conf looks like the following...
[general]
context = NECTEST
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
bindport = 5060
websocket_enabled = false
srvlookup = no
allowguest = yes
debug = yes
sipdebug = yes
defaultexpiry = 480
deny = 0.0.0.0/24
permit = 10.100.102.0/24
permit = 192.168.9.0/24
canreinvite = yes
callcounter = yes
register = 3016:3016 at 10.100.102.82:5060/3016

[3016]
type = friend
qualify = no
nat = no