[asterisk-users] Second Asterisk server SIP JOIN a call to conduct a post-call survey

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Jul 1 09:15:01 CDT 2019

On Sun, Jun 30, 2019, at 11:09 AM, Jason N wrote:
> I am designing a solution for a hotel booking call center with the
> following (mandatory) design: After the call from the customer with the
> booking agent is complete (and the Hotel PBX disconnects from the
> call), a second PBX takes over to conduct a survey of how the call
> went. Both PBX’s are Asterisk based.
>

> So customer phone [C] connects to hotel PBX [H]. Once [H] disconnects,
> the survey PBX [S] grabs the call and conducts the survey. [H] must
> completely disconnect from the call before [S] can start the survey.
> [H] cannot transfer/forward the call to [S].
>

> At a high level the solution seems to be: On [C] connection to [H], [H]
> sends call information to [S]. [S] issues a SIP JOIN to [C] and joins
> the call. [S] somehow detects that [H] has disconnected and then begins
> the survey.
>

> Would the above work conceptually? If so, how do I tell Asterisk [S] to
> contact [C] and join the call already in progress? (I can get call info
> from [H] to [S]).

It would be easiest for H to just Dial S after the first call leg is done. This can be done using the 'g' option to Dial[1] which continues dialplan application after the outgoing call leg hangs up. You could even send information as SIP headers if need be so S sees the info.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+Application_Dial

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer