[asterisk-users] features.conf disconnect and local channels

Mitch Claborn mitch_ml at claborn.net
Thu Jan 31 08:30:03 CST 2019

Asterisk 16.1

This statement appears in the features.conf doc: "Note that the DTMF
features listed below only work when two channels have answered and are
bridged together. They can not be used while the remote party is ringing
or in progress. If you require this feature you can use chan_local in
combination with Answer to accomplish it."

I need attended transfer and disconnect from features.conf to work.
Below is what I came up with that seems to work fine. Is there a better
way? This seems a bit verbose.

[InternalSets]
exten =>298,1,NoOp()
   same =>n,Dial(Local/M${EXTEN}@InternalSets/nj,,H)
exten =>M298,1,NoOp()
   same =>n,Answer()
   same =>n,GoSub(sub-voicemail,start,1(${MITCHIPHONE},${EXTEN:1}))
exten =>299,1,NoOp()
   same =>n,Dial(Local/M${EXTEN}@InternalSets/nj,,H)
exten =>M299,1,NoOp()
   same =>n,Answer()
   same =>n,GoSub(sub-voicemail,start,1(${MLCX450},${EXTEN:1}))

[sub-voicemail]
do some checks and then Dial or send to voicemail.

--

Mitch