[asterisk-users] Dailplan with playtones

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Thu Jan 31 04:26:49 CST 2019

On Thursday 31 January 2019 at 10:59:01, basti wrote:

> Hello I use this dial paln:
>
> [o2-in]
> exten => o2,1,Answer
> exten => o2,n,Playback(hello-world)
> exten => o2,n,Ringing
> exten => o2,n,Dial(SIP/10&SIP/20&Local/s at no-op,25,rt)
> exten => o2,n,Playtones(425/1000,0/4000)
> exten => o2,n,Wait(30)
> exten => o2,n,Hangup()
>
> All is fine. Hello world is Playback and I hear a ring tone.

That seems a most odd thing to want the caller to hear.

> If I remove the Playback hello-world. No ring tone is hearing anymore.

I can't say I'm surprised, given that you've already Answer()ed the call.

> Also not when my softphone is ring.

Please be more specific what you mean by that?

> What I want is:
>
> - Play caller a ring tone when softphone is dial or even if Subscriber
> absent
> - han up after a while

Well, simply don't Answer() the incoming call until the subsequent Dial() has
succeeded.

> I try this https://www.voip-info.org/asterisk-cmd-playtones

Is there a good reason why you are Answer()ing the call (and possibly thereby
causing the caller to incur charges) before knowing the outcome of the Dial()?

Antony.

--
This sentence contains exacly three erors.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.