[asterisk-users] Early media using ARI

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Jan 17 09:48:19 CST 2019

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019, at 11:40 AM, Jöran Vinzens wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are working on a A to B basic Call scenario with early media.
> On that scenario we get a call from a PJSIP endpoint and we place a new
> call using ARI. On the created channel we receive a 183 Session
> progress where we have an announcement regarding e.g. the cost of the
> call (it's important for us to have this announcement to inform our
> customers about the costs).
> Using asterisk Dialplan this is done by App Dial automatically.
> On ARI we receive a Dial Event "PROGRESS" where we thought we put both
> channels into a bridge and the asterisk will then forward the RTP
> towards the "A" Client using a 183 (since the channel is not answered,
> yet). Unfortunately nothing happens.
>
> We searched the documentation and we have not figured it out. There is
> no "/ari/channel/progress" command we can use and there is no
> "early_media=true" in pjsip.conf which would enable the desired
> behaviour.
>
> We would love to get a hint in the right direction and we very much
> appreciate any help.

There's a blog post which shows how it is supposed to work[1]. It expects the channel to be created, then both put into the bridge, and then dialed. This also requires Asterisk 14 or above to operate. What version are you using?

[1] https://blogs.asterisk.org/2016/08/24/asterisk-14-ari-create-bridge-dial/

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer