[asterisk-users] ConfBridge: Identifying troublemakers

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Thu Jan 17 00:44:11 CST 2019

Hi list,

imagine a ConfBridge conference with 10 participants. Now, one of them
suddenly starts to yell and scream.

Is there any built-in functionality (maybe not in ConfBridge, but in
Asterisk itself) to identify the "loudest" caller?

Or maybe already built-in functionality to automatically lower his
speech volume in a case where he starts to scream, respectively adjust
it to the level of the other participants?

How about a scenario where that troublemaker does not scream, but
instead starts to insult the other participants. He's not loud, just rude.

I imagine a solution where a ConfBridge moderator/admin has to press a
DTMF key and the ConfBridge will offer him a menu of that particular
person who's talking at that very second. E.g...

Caller: "You're all stupid! I don't like y..."
- Moderator presses "5" in that very second
ConfBridge talks only to Moderator:
"Welcome to the moderator menu. The person who was talking in that very
second is on channel SIP/something-123456
Please press 1 to kick him out.
Please press 2 to ban him.
Please press 3 to return to the conference."

Something like that...

Thanks for any pointers & tips! :)

Regards
Markus