[asterisk-users] Cross-compiling Asterisk 16

Jean Aunis jean.aunis at prescom.fr
Tue Jan 15 11:06:23 CST 2019

Hello,

I've just gone through the process of cross-compiling Asterisk 16 for
ARM. I thought it would be as easy as calling the "./configure" script
with the appropriate "host" parameter, but it turned out to be more
complicated. I'm wondering whether I did something wrong, or if there
are some bugs in the "configure" script.

Here are the issues I had to solve :

1- in the "configure" script, checking the presence of "hrirs.h" does
not work when cross-compiling. I had to comment out all the related code
in the script.

2- pkg-config does not always use the proper directories. "Not always"
because it worked properly on Ubuntu, but not on Centos. I had to
manually set PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR and PKG_CONFIG_PATH appropriately when
launching "configure"

3- pjproject and jansson are not properly cross-compiled. It looks like
the target architecture is not properly set during the configuration
process. I had to reconfigure them manually before compiling.

Does anybody have any experience with this ? And should I fill bug
reports for these issues ?

Regards

Jean Aunis