[asterisk-users] Overhead pager announcement in "background" channel

Mitch Claborn mitch_ml at claborn.net
Mon Jan 14 20:39:34 CST 2019

Here's how I solved this: I use the System() dialplan application to
call out to a bash script, which creates asterisk call files and moves
them to the proper directory. I opted to send notification to a select
group of staff members rather than using the overhead pager, but the
same technique would work for the pager.

The script is very fast and does not interrupt the flow of the actual call.

Mitch