[asterisk-users] Switched from Asterisk 1.8 to 13 - CDR ringtime now always zero (Joel)

Stefan Viljoen viljoens at verishare.co.za
Fri Jan 11 08:50:44 CST 2019

>Hi,

>On the other side.. There is a specific note regarding CDR behavior changes from asterisk 12 onwards. So going from 1.8 to 13 means it applies to you.

>Have a look at:

>https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Upgrading+to+Asterisk+12

>And

>https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+CDR+Specification

Hi Joel

I've read the above in detail, and studied them, but I cannot find anything that explains the CDR behaviour I'm seeing in Asterisk 13.

The only thing relevant is the following in the Upgrade Notes:

---
The duration, billsec, start, answer, and end times now reflect the times associated with the current CDR for the channel, as opposed to a cumulative measurement of all CDRs for that channel.
---

That is exactly where the problem lies, e. g. the above behaviour is exactly what is NOT happening...

E. g. instead of the origination channel created by the AMI call we make as previously described, having its CDR written and done with, its CDR data for the originating call leg apparently gets propagated into the resulting outgoing call leg of the call to the AMI originate command.

E. g. my origination channel's CDR is

Start: 2019-01-11 08:22:07
Answer: 2019-01-11 08:22:12
End: 2019-01-11 08:24:09

and the associated outgoin channel's CDR is

Start: 2019-01-11 08:22:12
Answer: 2019-01-11 08:22:12
End: 2019-01-11 08:24:09

e.g. it appears that the origination channel's pickup time of Answer: 2019-01-11 08:22:12 gets propagated into the outgoing channel's answer time of Answer: 2019-01-11 08:22:12.

E. g. the above in the release notes is 180 degrees the opposite of how Asterisk 13 actually behaves in practice?

Despite the above release note, it DOES appear in fact that CDR measurement is cumulative... very definitely not distinct....

Thanks for the reply!

Regards

Stefan