[asterisk-users] configure SRTP port range?

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Sat Feb 23 07:24:26 CST 2019

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019, at 9:21 AM, hw wrote:

<snip>

> The phones don't seem to be using the RTP port range specified in
> rtp.conf when they are using SRTP.  When they are using RTP, they do not
> send the RTP traffic via asterisk, though they can do that without the
> ports for this opened in the firewall (perhaps the router uses a
> conntrack helper for RTP; I'd have to find out).
>
> When the phones use SRTP, the ports they're using are all over the
> place.  I'd either have to open all UDP ports for their traffic to go
> via the server or stick to unencrypted phone calls.
>
> There must be some solution for this.  That phone calls are encrypted
> schould be the default, especially since they are all going over the
> internet nowadays.

The rtp.conf file configures the port range that Asterisk uses for its RTP ports. It does not, and can not, control the remote endpoint. It's up to the endpoint and if NAT Is involved the router as to what source port is used for media originating from the endpoint.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer