[asterisk-users] branching in extensions.conf?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Feb 20 14:02:16 CST 2019

On Wed, 2019-02-20 at 12:38 -0700, John Kiniston wrote:
> I don't see any other messages in this thread other than your initial
> one
> and my response, perhaps the listserv hasn't relayed it to me yet.

I started a new thread:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2019-February/293668.html

since it was a separate question and only tangentially related to this
one.

> I switch between ExecIf/GotoIf/GosubIf and the IF function as needed
> in my
> dialplan design, if It's just a one liner I'll usually use either the
> IF
> function or the ExecIf,

Yeah, ExecIf was the suggested workaround in the companion thread
mentioned above.

> I've not run into any problem with colons in my IF statements but I
> don't
> think that's something I've had to work with/around before.

Likely that's just it.  I've only just run into it for the first time
now after many years of Asterisk.

> Shoot, I must have erased the colon when I was trying to fix the
> parentheses.

NP.  I understood your proposal.

> It seems like these days everyone wants to use ARI, You could always
> send
> the call into Stasis and handle your logic in a language of your
> choice but
> that's a whole different discussion.

Yeah.  extensions.conf is starting to feel long-in-the-tooth these
days.  :-)

Cheers,
b.