[asterisk-users] SIP via TCP - new TCP session per call or use same session for multiple calls?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Dec 27 11:59:58 CST 2019

Dovid Bender <dovid at telecurve.com> writes:

> So long as the tcp socket is open your SBC should send the call back over
> the same socket. Now it can be that your SBC is seeing the socket as
> timing out. If you are using Kamailio you can have it send tcp keep alives
> every so often so that the socket stays up.

SBC?

I am curious if the "reuse registration TCP connection" is required by
standards or if it is merely obviously good practice.

I have had this problem too with asterisk 16.5.0

This is not the first recommendation I have seen to use kamailio as a
proxy for asterisk, for these sorts of issues as well as clients that
change addresses.  Unfortunately the "jsr pc, set_up_kamailo" subroutine
call is still executing so I can't say if things work right then...