[asterisk-users] Block Spam Calls

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu Dec 12 17:33:21 CST 2019

Most spam calls are robocalls these days. At my house, I can block pretty
much all of the robocalls by requiring the caller to take some action
before ringing the phones. In our case, the action is just to dial 1 for my
wife or 2 for me. The only difference it makes in the end is which
voice mailbox the caller gets transferred to if no one answers, but since
asterisk so programmable, there are a lot of ways to accomplish the basic
concept. I can see tons of calls in my log that never get through to bother
us.

--Greg