[asterisk-users] Faxes stopped working - AMI issue?

D'Arcy Cain darcy at VybeNetworks.com
Tue Dec 3 14:53:08 CST 2019

On 12/2/19 11:52 AM, Joshua C. Colp wrote:
>     So I know that AMI is listening and I can talk to it.  Here is the
>     main log"
>
>     [Nov 27 06:16:00] VERBOSE[101155] asterisk.c: Remote UNIX connection
>     [Nov 27 06:16:00] VERBOSE[101245] asterisk.c: Remote UNIX connection
>     disconnected
>     [Nov 27 06:16:01] VERBOSE[101244] manager.c: Manager 'asterisk' logged
>     on from 127.0.0.1
>
>     The AMI command, after the login, looks like this:
>
>     Action: Originate
>     Channel: SIP/outgoing/%%(destination)s
>     Context: LocalSets
>     CallerID: Vybe Consulting Inc Fax Service <5555551212>
>     Exten: sendfax
>     Timeout: 30000
>     Variable: faxfile=%%(faxfile)s
>     Variable: uid=%%(uid)s
>     Variable: destination=%%(destination)s
>     Variable: sender_name=Vybe Consulting Inc Fax Service
>     Variable: sender_num=5555551212
>
>     Those "%%" strings get replaced by real data.  My sendfax extension has
>     a bunch of stuff but the very first line is this:
>
>     exten => sendfax,1,Verbose(0,FAX ${faxfile} to ${destination})
>
>     So, regardless of what follows, shouldn't I be seeing that message in my
>     logs?
>
> Only if it was actually answered. You'd need to dig deeper by looking at
> the SIP trace itself (sip set debug on) to see if an attempt was made
> and what occurred.

OK, so I did that and my logs are really busy now.  However, a search
through them doesn't find the phone number that I am faxing to.

Are you sure that it needs to be answered before it starts logging?
Logging only when something works isn't much of a debugging tool.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.