[asterisk-users] 2-channel recordings with ODBC storage?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Wed Aug 28 04:16:41 CDT 2019

Hi.

I'm using:

a) asterisk 13.14.1 (Debian 9 packaged)

b) voicemail with ODBC storage (I've set odbcstorage and odbctable in
voicemail.conf), https://www.voip-info.org/asterisk-voicemail-odbc-storage/

c) the m option to MixMonitor so that call recordings get saved to the user's
voicemail box (under a special "Recordings" folder)

So far, so good - recorded calls end up in the ODBC table as expected /
wanted.

However, I also want calls to be recorded in stereo - one channel for the
caller, the other channel for the callee - so I use the t and r options to
MixMonitor to specify separate filenames for the transmit and receive channels.

This results in three audio files being stored in the PBX server's file system -
one for the caller channel, one for the callee channel, and one of both
channels mixed down to mono.

The ODBC table gets a single data blob of the (mono) mixed recording.

How can I get the t and r options of MixMonitor to save the two channels of
the recording into the ODBC table as separate blobs?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
2 days of trial and error can easily save you 5 minutes spent reading the
manual.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.