[asterisk-users] internal call record

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Thu Apr 4 11:07:23 CDT 2019

On Thursday 04 April 2019 at 17:59:07, Karsten Wemheuer wrote:

> Am Sonntag, den 10.03.2019, 12:46 +0300 schrieb Gokan Atmaca:
> >
> > Mynum: 6001 , Othernum: 6002.
> >
> > I can record as follows. But I do not enter individual records for
> > each internal required. I want to do it more smoothly with a Macro.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > exten => _6001,1,NoOp()
> > exten => _6001,n,MixMonitor(${UNIQUEID}.wav,ab)
> > exten => _6001,n,Dial(SIP/6001,20)
> > exten => _6001,n,StopMixMonitor()
> > exten => _6001,n,Hangup()
>
> If You are using SIP, pay attention to media setup (option
> "directmedia" in case of chan_sip).
>
> Using directmedia the media flows from end to end not running through
> asterisk. In this case recording doesn't work.

I thought this worked the other way around:

If you set directmedia, the media flows directly between endpoints, _unless_
Asterisk has some function (such as recording, there are several others) which
prevents this being possible, in which case the media continues to flow through
Asterisk.

In other words, you have to set directmedia to make it _possible_ for the
media to bypass Asterisk, but that doesn't mean that it necessarily _does_.

Antony.

--
It may not seem obvious, but (6 x 5 + 5) x 5 - 55 equals 5!

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.