[asterisk-users] WebRTC as Softphone substitute ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 04:46:36 CDT 2018

Hello,

This morning, I asked myself if WebRTC could be a viable alternative to
softphone deployment.

For me, main issue with Softphones is the amount of work needed for
installation and configuration.
Also, Softphones must be carefully choosen if Deskphone-like quality is
expected.

Now that WebRTC becomes ubiquitous, it might make sense to trade Softphone
features (call history, BLF, ...) for WebRTC deployment simplicity.

What do you think of this ?
What kind of experience did you met with such WebRTC deployments ?
What about classic telephony features (CallTransfer) ?
Have you tried Cyber Maga Phone 2K ?

[1] https://github.com/asterisk/cyber_mega_phone_2k

Best regards