[asterisk-users] IVR call simulation on Asterisk 15 server

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Tue Sep 18 02:24:05 CDT 2018

On Tuesday 18 September 2018 at 06:36:38, Priyaranjan Nayak wrote:

> Hi Antony,
>
> Thanks for your quick response.
> I wanted to simulate actual IVR system for my application testing.
> Prerecorded english menu is fine for me.
>
> Based on DTMF tone pressed by the user, it will connect to different
> number. The call duration will be 30/60 sec as per the test scenario. We
> will  configure in our local setup for internal application testing.

That doesn't sound like a simulation to me - someone dials a number, gets a
pre-recorded greeting, enters a DTMF choice, and gets routed onward based on
that choice.

That's a perfectly standard IVR setup.

Aside from the call duration limit of 30/60 seconds, this isn't a simulation;
it's a real IVR.

Just follow any guide to setting up an IVR in Asterisk and you should get what
you want.  If you run into problems come back and let us knwo what you did and
what's not working and we can try to help.

Antony.

--
You can spend the whole of your life trying to be popular,
but at the end of the day the size of the crowd at your funeral

 - Frank Skinner

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.