[asterisk-users] Can someone provide some insight on WebRTC vs a generic SIP library in a browser?

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Tue Sep 11 11:12:42 CDT 2018

I work on the Asterisk side of things and admit to not knowing about browser development.

A co-worker asked me today why they should develop a web based agent software using WebRTC?  They prefer to develop using a SIP based javascript library they found.

Can anyone offer some insight on why to choose either WebRTC or a SIP library for a web based agent software connecting up to an asterisk system?