[asterisk-users] SIPp scenario file for testing UAC Authentication with Asterisk ?

Kevin Harwell kharwell at digium.com
Thu Oct 25 09:45:07 CDT 2018

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 4:32 AM Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm testing an Asterisk instance.
> At the moment, I'm focusing on its capability to receive and challenge
> incoming SIP Registrations.

If all you want to do is test inbound registrations you can find an example
SIPp scenario in the Asterisk testsuite[1]. You'll want to remove the
<action> section from the 200 response and the variable reference. Then
you'll want to execute the scenario with something like the following
(replacing with your values of course):

Another example can be found here[2]. Both the README and register.xml file
have instructions on how to execute the test. Currently the test is setup
to test a few thousand endpoints though. However you can adjust that number
by modifying the register.csv (injection file) or by not using the
injection file and modifying the register.xml scenario itself.

[1]
https://github.com/asterisk/testsuite/blob/master/tests/channels/pjsip/registration/inbound/nominal/single_contact/authed/sipp/register-auth.xml
[2]
http://blogs.asterisk.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/performance_inbound_registration.tar.gz

--
Kevin Harwell
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer