[asterisk-users] Disabling a trunk at runtime

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Mon Oct 15 16:25:41 CDT 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 07:59:52AM -0400, Telium Support Group wrote:
> I have an Asterisk system with 2 trunks (as shown below).  I need to be able
> to disable a trunk at runtime. I may not change the dialplan but I can
> change sip.conf and reload.
>
> Any attempt to dial in the dialplan uses trunk A and trunk B in that order.
> Normally calls will route through trunk A, but if I disable A I want calls
> to go to trunk B.
>
> Is there a creative way to effectively disable a trunk at runtime given
> these parameters?  I don't think there is an "enabled" key-value pair for
> sip.conf stanzas.  If I change the host key value to 0.0.0.0 and reload will
> that effectively cause the dialplan to use trunk B?
[snip]

TIMTOWTDI:

- You can create a dialplan that checks a global variable whether to skip
  trunk A. You can manipulate this variable from the AMI.

- Use an AGI script to set variables or dial trunks directly.

- use a script to generate configuration (included files) and reload the
  channel driver on changes.

- Do (no)sql queries from the dialplan.

- And probably lots more of possibilities.