[asterisk-users] asterisk 16 manager --END COMMAND--

Joshua C. Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Oct 12 05:10:49 CDT 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018, at 3:35 AM, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Just upgraded asterisk from 13 to 16 and found that php-agi library is
> not compatible.
>
> It waits for --END COMMAND--
>
> after command is completed,
>
> but, as I see from tcpdump, now asterisk does not send such string after
> command is completed.
>

> Could you tell me, is it possible to get previous behaviour ?
>
> Or what now manager sends as command completed ?

It is not possible to return the old behavior, and the new behavior is in the UPGRADE notes for 14 (UPGRADE-14.txt) as that is when it happened:

AMI:
 - The Command action now sends the output from the CLI command as a series
   of Output headers for each line instead of as a block of text with the
   --END COMMAND-- delimiter to match the output from other actions.

   Commands that fail to execute (no such command, invalid syntax etc.) now
   return an Error response instead of Success.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Digium - A Sangoma Company | Senior Software Developer