[asterisk-users] Explain module reloading error message

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Tue Oct 9 16:36:49 CDT 2018

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 5:58 AM Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On a freshly update Debian Stretch packaged-Asterisk (13.14.1) box, I'm
> reading this:
>
> asterisktuto*CLI> module load res_statsd.so
> Unable to load module res_statsd.so
> Command 'module load res_statsd.so' failed.
> [Oct  9 12:53:26] WARNING[488]: loader.c:1077 load_resource: Module
> 'res_statsd.so' already exists.
> [asterisktuto*CLI> module reload res_statsd.so
> No such module 'res_statsd.so'
>
> Can you explain this second message as res_statsd.so module seems to exist
> ?

The reload message is incorrect when the statsd.conf file has not changed.
I have just
put up a patch on gerrit [1] to fix it.  There was another fix [2] made
about a week ago that fixed
a more general problem that affected the reported reload status of any
module if it failed.

Richard

[1] https://gerrit.asterisk.org/#/c/asterisk/+/10453/
[2] https://gerrit.asterisk.org/#/c/asterisk/+/10351/