[asterisk-users] Spontaneous reboot due to MySQL lookups ?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Thu Oct 4 10:36:08 CDT 2018

On Thursday 04 October 2018 at 17:10:01, Jonas Kellens wrote:

> Hello
>
> using Asterisk 1.8.32.

Ooh, vintage :)

> I notice that there is a spontaneous reboot of the Asterisk system from
> time to time.
>
> When I look in the logs (verbose file) I noticed that every time this
> occurs it's at a moment that there is a MySQL action, be it a lookup or
> an insert/update/delete.
>
> I must say I do have some MySQL queries that occur in my dialplan when a
> call comes in, to look up different actions to perform on this call.
>

> An idea how to overcome this problem ?

I would recommend (a) update to a current and supported version of Asterisk,
and (b) use the ODBC driver.

If the problem persists then with that setup you're more likely to get help
here or be able to file a bug report, but no-one's going to fix a problem in 1.8
now.

Regards,

Antony.

--
3 logicians walk into a bar. The bartender asks "Do you all want a drink?"
The first logician says "I don't know."

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.