[asterisk-users] Looking for better fax handling

D'Arcy Cain darcy at VybeNetworks.com
Tue May 22 05:19:31 CDT 2018

On 2018-05-22 02:17 AM, Yves wrote:
> you could
>
> - use "global variables"
> - use the asterisk built in database

Both of those seem difficult as the process is split between Asterisk
and an external script.

> - mv the file to temporary folder _before_ faxing (would be the most
> easy solution as you already
> know how to mv a file via asterisk...)

True.  This or John Kiniston's idea of lock files could work.  I guess I
would need to have some process to move it back if it is still there
after an hour or so in case something went wrong.  The same sort of
thing would be needed for John's solution as well.

It sure would be nice if I could query Asterisk to see if the fax
process was still running.

Thanks.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain