[asterisk-users] AMI status events with res_fax_spandsp.so

Steven Wheeler SWheeler at usinternet.com
Thu May 17 14:14:53 CDT 2018

Is anyone else using the AMI with res_fax_spandsp.so for real-time status?

I am working on migrating a FAX application from res_fax_digium.so to res_fax_spandsp.so. I have noticed that the spandsp module generates far fewer AMI status events than the Digium module and the generated events contain less information. For example when sending a fax there is no longer an event for every page. There are just a few FaxStatus events at the beginning and a couple at the end but they don’t contain many details. I can pull the required information from the Asterisk console by running  fax show session <ID> but that output isn’t suitable for parsing.

There doesn’t seem to be a great deal of information about res_fax_spandsp.so via Google.

FaxStatus with res_fax_spandsp.so
Event: FAXStatus
Privilege: call,all
Operation: send
Channel: Local/1952253xxxx at from-internal-user-00000001;1
Context: send_fax
Exten: s
CallerID: 1763210xxxx
LocalStationID: 1763210xxxx
FileName: /tmp/faxes/1526583220391_merged.tiff

FaxStatus with res_fax_digium.so
Event: FaxStatus
Privilege: call,all
Channel: Local/1952253xxxx at from-internal-user-00000001;1
FAX Session: 1
Operating Mode: FAX_TRANSMITTING
Result: RSLT_IN_PROGRESS
Error: NO_ERROR
Call Duration: 12.088
ECM Mode: yes
Data Rate: 14400
Image Resolution: 204x196
Image Encoding: ENC_MMR
Page Size: LT
Document Number: 1
Page Number: 1
File Name: '/tmp/faxes/1526583612555_merged.tiff'
Tx Pages: 0
Tx Bytes: 512
Total Tx Lines: 0
Rx Pages: 0
Rx Bytes: 0
Total Rx Lines: 0
Total Bad Lines: 0
DIS/DCS/DTC/CTC Count: 2
CFR Count: 1
FTT Count: 0
MCF Count: 0
PPR Count: 0
RTN Count: 0
DCN Count: 0
Remote StationID: '952253xxxx          '

I am using options dfzs with the SendFAX application on Asterisk 11.6-cert18.

Steven Wheeler