[asterisk-users] Streaming MoH from iHeart radio?

Dovid Bender dovid at telecurve.com
Wed May 16 20:49:22 CDT 2018

If you have in musiconhold.conf cachertclasses=yes then it will only pull
one stream. Below is what you can try:

musiconhold.conf
[general]
cachertclasses=yes ; use 1 instance of moh class for all users who are
using it,
preferchannelclass=no ; Needed so that we use what's set in MusicOnHold()
and not the channel default

[default]
mode=files
directory=moh

[my_station]
mode=custom
application=/etc/asterisk/my_station.sh

my_station.sh
#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/ffmpeg  -i '<STREAM_URL_HERE>' -vn -ar 8000 -ac 1 -f s16le -

echo "[$(date +%F) $(date +%T)] $0" >> /tmp/streams_down #Log downed
streams.
sleep $(( ( RANDOM % 60 )  )) #This is extremely important as if it's not
here the repeat will lockup a core on the box