[asterisk-users] pjsip trunk config question + DNS related error messages

Kevin Long kevin.long at haloprivacy.com
Thu Mar 29 02:38:58 CDT 2018

Greetings,

I am getting the following error (below) continually in my asterisk log, related to qualify_frequency I believe. I am trying to use sip trunking with the company flowroute.

3 questions if I may:

1) Is using qualify_frequency with a sip trunk a common or recommended practice? I figured it would function as a keep-alive and keep the ‘pjsip show endpoints’ availability data up-to-date if I wanted to check on the health of the trunk. Sound right?

2) Any idea what this error means? Googling showed almost nothing except one other post to this list for a bug that was fixed in 14 , I’m on 15.x

3) Any other recommendations for this trunking config?

Thanks very much ! Especially jcolp and gtjoseph for answering my queries in the past, sorry if I don’t always respond again as I haven’t actually figured out a good way to do that unless I am subscribed to receiving all mails from the list.

[Mar 28 23:17:43] ERROR[4812]: res_pjsip.c:3770 endpt_send_request: Error 320047 'No answer record in the DNS resp
onse (PJLIB_UTIL_EDNSNOANSWERREC)' sending OPTIONS request to endpoint flowroute

[flowroute]
type=auth
auth_type=userpass
password=******