[asterisk-users] h264 recording

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Mon Mar 26 16:01:08 CDT 2018

On Monday 26 March 2018 at 22:33:25, Benjamin Marty wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I'm using the Record dialplan Application in an Context. My goal is to get
> a single screenshot of the h264 media stream per call.

That sounds like a pretty big challenge for Asterisk.

> same => n,Record(/tmp/test.wav,0,10,qk)
>
> I nicely get a File test.h264.

I'm impressed that you get a test.h264 file, given that you asked the Record
function to create a test.wav file for you...

> Is there a way to Playback this h264 video file on my computer or convert it
> somehow? VLC can't take it somehow.

What does the "file" command tell you it seems to contain?

Antony.

--
3 logicians walk into a bar. The bartender asks "Do you all want a drink?"
The first logician says "I don't know."

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.