[asterisk-users] Avaya 9608G and DHCP and TFTP and HTTP oh my

Thomas Peters TPeters at mcts.org
Wed Mar 7 16:08:52 CST 2018

You did indeed warn me. I've made progress, gotten the dhcp option 242 to work, and finally gotten the phone to the point where it asks for a username and password. I defined these on the Asterisk server. I entered them on the phone. It says "Acquiring Service" and sits there.  At least it sets the clock on the phone now.

TCPDump shows traffic going back & forth every few seconds:
10.1.138.245.13602 > ad-apbx.mcts.org.sip
ad-apbx.mcts.org.sip > 10.1.138.245.60206
10.1.138.245.30360 > ad-apbx.mcts.org.sip:

But it sits at Acquiring Service eternally.

The username and password I am entering are the Asterisk extension and asterisk extension secret. Should these be entered somewhere in the craft menu instead?