[asterisk-users] Half Off Topic Questions

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Tue Mar 6 06:56:07 CST 2018

On Tuesday 06 March 2018 at 09:05:25, Markus Weiler wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> we're just wondering, in German we call the different types of
> phone-numbers
> (Geographic,mobile,national,VoIP...) Rufnummerngassen (phone number
> alleys
> ;-) )
> Is there an english word for this?

No.

It's just another example of German choosing to have a single word for
something, where English uses two or more.

In English I'd say "number type", but that's just my opinion - others might
describe this differently.

Just the word "Rufnummer" on its own is another example - "phone number".

Antony.

--

The North American Numbering Plan doesn't distinguish between the "number
types." With portability of numbers between mobile and the decreasing number

  --Don