[asterisk-users] Start audio call and enable video later

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 13:51:43 CDT 2018

I don't believe it's supported to start an audio call and then re-invite to
add video, I believe Asterisk requires the call to start as a video call.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:42 AM, Stefan Tichy <asterisk3 at pi4tel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when some phone inititates an audio call and sends a re-invite with
> audio and video later, asterisk will send a "200 OK" response. The
> response contains sdp with audio and video enabled.
>
> But that seems to be all asterisk does. No other action and no
> re-invite to the second phone.
>
> Is this a bug or is just some feature not available?
>
> I tried with different versions of asterisk and used both chan_sip
> and pjsip. One of the phones used is linphone (3.6.1-3).
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Stefan Tichy  ( asterisk3 at pi4tel dot de )
>
> --
>
> Check out the new Asterisk community forum at: https://community.asterisk.
> org/
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here:
>
> asterisk-users mailing list

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein