[asterisk-users] T-38 re-invite issue

D'Arcy Cain darcy at VybeNetworks.com
Tue Jun 12 21:43:46 CDT 2018

On 2018-06-12 07:10 PM, James Cloos wrote:

> DC> Perhaps someone can explain what t38timeout is supposed to do
>
> A 'git grep t38timeout' on the src leads one to res/res_fax.c, where one
> case see that it is the number of miliseconds to permit for t38 negotiation
> to complete once it starts.
>
> Ie after both sides select t38, until they agree on the t38 terms.

OK, so does that mean that setting it to 25000 should leave time for the
re-invite or does the timeout start after that.  If so is there another
control for waiting for the re-invite?

Note, a test by my provider shows that this particular number gives the
re-invite after 6 seconds.  I hang up at 4.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.