[asterisk-users] Using ControlPlayback with AWS S3

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Wed Jun 6 10:55:26 CDT 2018

On Wednesday 06 June 2018 at 16:30:08, Dovid Bender wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 6:18 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 June 2018 at 12:02:38, Dovid Bender wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have tested ControlPlayback and grabbed files via an apache server
> > > with no issue.
> >
> > ControlPlayback is an Asterisk dialplan function.
> >
> > How have you integrated this with Apache?
>
> By apache I mean
> ControlPlayBack(http://voice1.mydomain.net:8090/1.wav,30000,6,4,0,5,1)

Aha.

> > > I want to be able to grab files via aws S3 which would require me to
> > > add some headers to authenticate.
> >
> > Presumably you mean you need to add some headers to an HTTP request?
>
> Correct
>
> > > Is there any way to have Asterisk add headers or would I need a http
> > > proxy in the middle?
> >
> > Where and how is Asterisk making an HTTP request at all?
>
> Asterisk is using  URI Media Playback.

Ah.  So the problem (or challenge) is with URI Media Playback rather than
ControlPlayback, I think.

> Please see:
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+14+Project+-+URI+Media+
> Playback

ControlPlayback will play anything you give it; the challenge here seems to be
fetching the media with URI Media Playback, and that's somethign I have no
familiatiry with, so I'll let someone else step in with any ideas.

Regards,

Antony.

--
What do you call a dinosaur with only one eye?  A Doyouthinkesaurus.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.