[asterisk-users] How to execute priorities following a caller hangup in a successful Dial?

David P davidswalkabout at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 17:17:51 CDT 2018

This has been super-helpful, Eric. However, the handleHangupByPeer priorities
below are still not run when the peer hangs-up. The last line in the cli
when the peer hangs-up is still:
Strict RTP learning complete - Locking on source address
(Although sometimes there is also: Retransmission timeout reached on
transmission)

 same =>
n(callPeer),Set(GLOBAL(CB${IndexIntoPeers}CurrentCallsCount)=$[${PeerCurrentCallsCount}
+ 1])
 ; Ensure that hangup by caller/inbound-channel will invoke
handleHangupByCaller.
 same => n,Set(CHANNEL(hangup_handler_push)=handleHangupByCaller,s,1(args))
 same => n,Set(AddressToReachPeer=SIP/${EXTEN:0:4}@${PeerBeingConsidered})
 ; Ensure that the channel of the peer (i.e. outbound-channel) is
configured with hangup handler.
 same =>
n,Dial(${AddressToReachPeer},,b(beforeDialingPeerConfigureItsChannelForPeerHangupHandling^s^1))
 same => n,Hangup

[beforeDialingPeerConfigureItsChannelForPeerHangupHandling]
exten => s,1,Set(CHANNEL(hangup_handler_push)=handleHangupByPeer,s,1(args))
 same => n,Return

[handleHangupByPeer]
 ; Ensure that GLOBAL(CB${IndexIntoPeers}CurrentCallsCount) is decremented
after hangup, and end-of-call-epoch is set.
exten => s,1,NoOp(${PeerBeingConsidered} peer channel: Entered
handleHangupByCallerOrPeer Calls ${CB${IndexIntoPeers}CurrentCallsCount})
 same =>
n,Set(GLOBAL(CB${IndexIntoPeers}CurrentCallsCount)=$[${CB${IndexIntoPeers}CurrentCallsCount}
- 1])
 same => n,Set(GLOBAL(${PeerBeingConsidered}EpochAtCallEnd)=${EPOCH})
 same => n,Return

[handleHangupByCaller]
 ; Ensure that GLOBAL(CB${IndexIntoPeers}CurrentCallsCount) is decremented
after hangup, and end-of-call-epoch is set.
exten => s,1,NoOp(${PeerBeingConsidered} caller channel: Entered
handleHangupByCallerOrPeer Calls ${CB${IndexIntoPeers}CurrentCallsCount})
 same =>
n,Set(GLOBAL(CB${IndexIntoPeers}CurrentCallsCount)=$[${CB${IndexIntoPeers}CurrentCallsCount}
- 1])
 same => n,Set(GLOBAL(${PeerBeingConsidered}EpochAtCallEnd)=${EPOCH})
 same => n,Return

When the caller hangs-up, handleHangupByCaller is run first, then
handleHangupByPeer
runs. (And strangely, the value of global CB${IndexIntoPeers}CurrentCallsCount
isn't accessible in handleHangupByPeer.)

Cheers,
David