[asterisk-users] asterisk-users Digest, Vol 167, Issue 17

Stefan Viljoen viljoens at verishare.co.za
Mon Jul 30 01:17:30 CDT 2018

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, turns out it was all my fault, I had a line feed character (0x0a a.k.a printf("\n")) in one of the Asterisk channel variables passed via system() / shell() to my target script.

It seems 13.22.0 (I'm using the same version as you) reacts to a line feed in the parameter string by not processing or parsing the string any further one the line feed is encountered.

I removed the line feed (by using "echo -n" instead of just "echo" in a related BASH script that was providing input to Asterisk also via SHELL) and the problem disappeared and system() (and shell() itself ) started working correctly.

So, the moral is just keep the data clean that is fed through SYSTEM() and SHELL() from having any line-feeds in them.

On Asterisk 1.8 (my previous version) line-feeds in an Asterisk channel variable dereferenced in a SYSTEM() or SHELL() call did NOT stop parsing of the rest of the string - so apparently a relevant difference between the two versions there.

Kind regards,
---
Message: 2