[asterisk-users] dialplan reload not showing debug info even with debug on (ast 15.5)

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Sun Jul 29 07:13:29 CDT 2018

On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 1:10 PM, Jonathan H <lardconcepts at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've not needed to do a dialplan reload for a while, so I don't know
> exactly which version is stopped working, but on 15.5, I'm not seeing
> ANY debug info at any debug level.
> So I'm not really sure how to find mistakes in the dialplan.  This is
> all I get... how do I enable this debug mode to see the previous
> behaviour? Thanks
>
> asterisk -rvvvvvddddd
> (enters console)
> dialplan reload
> Dialplan reloaded.
> [...]
>     -- pbx_config successfully loaded 125 contexts (enable debug for
> details).

Many of those messages now go out as DEBUG level 1 messages.  You would
need to enable those to go out to your console in logger.conf if they
aren't enabled.
Or you need to look at one of the logging files (like full) that has debug
messages
routed to it.

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-27084 is the issue that
did that
which went out in v15.3.0 and is mentioned in the CHANGES file:

Core
 * During dialplan reload log messages are produced for each context,
   extension and include.  These messages are no longer printed by the
   verbose loggers, they are now only logged as debug messages.

Richard