[asterisk-users] rtp port and strictrtp

Dovid Bender dovid at telecurve.com
Mon Jul 2 13:49:12 CDT 2018

Hi All,

I have an old system running Asterisk 11 with strictrtp=yes. I have nat=no.
In the 183 the remote box sends an IP  and port in the SDP and sends RTP
from there, Asterisk in response sends RTP there and the remote box sends
us RTP from that IP and port. The remote side then sends another 183 and
has an update port in the SDP. It starts sending RTP from the new port but
Asterisk seems to be locked on the old port and will not send it's RTP
packets to the new port even though there is an updated one in the SDP. I
know chan_sip is on its way out and we are working with Asterisk 11 so I am
not expecting any miracles. Wondering if anyone else had this issue and
what they did to get around it.

TIA.

Dovid