[asterisk-users] Running on virtual machine and audio not intelligable

Jerry Geis jerry.geis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 16:29:02 CST 2018

Hi All,
Running asterisk 11.25.3, the /proc/cpuinfo says
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5675  @ 3.07GHz

lsmod | grep dahdi gives
dahdi_transcode        16384  1 wctc4xxp
dahdi_voicebus         61440  2 wctdm24xxp,wcte12xp
dahdi                 225280  11
wctdm24xxp,wcfxo,wctdm,dahdi_transcode,oct612x
dahdi_voicebus,wcb4xxp,wct1xxp,wct4xxp,wcte11xp,wcte12xp
crc_ccitt              16384  2 wctdm24xxp,dahdi

There are no cards in the VM - just the CentOS 7.4 operating system. I'm
actually running 4.4.92 from elrepo as the kernel.

I am using the confbridge with about 100 devices in the "one way"
conference and the audio is not intelligible. Sending audio to a single
endpoint is fine.

dahdi_test running when nothing is happening is 99.8 running with the ALL
100 units in conf is about 99.6.

What can I do do get audio where it needs to be ?  I believe the
environment is VMware.

Thanks,

Jerry