[asterisk-users] Can anyone help with a quick app_record.c module improvement and can explain over-riding modules?

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 17:57:33 CST 2018

On 20 January 2018 at 23:30, Tim S <tim.strommen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have seen this take over 2 seconds before on a sluggish machine.

Thanks - my host uses SSD and everything seems pretty quick, but I'll
give it a 1 second pause.

> you'd need to pipe that to a Google Speech API tunnel.
> That's probably not something you can hack away at with simple
> Asterisk dialplan applications.

Funnily enough, I had just found an old reply from last year to
another similar question:

So I had a look and found this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34026698/asterisk-write-plugin-to-catch-voice-stream

And read this:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+15+Application_EAGI

There's a few knowledge gaps, but I think with a few days reading and
the great help here, we might have a solution :)

This is all very helpful - if anyone else feels like wading in, please do.

Many thanks!