[asterisk-users] queue peridiodic-announce-frequency

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Wed Jan 17 05:08:40 CST 2018

On Wednesday 17 January 2018 at 11:59:21, Paul Neuwirth wrote:

> Hello group,
>
> I tried a lot to enlarge the frequency (i.e. more announces, low wait
> between). according to config, every 30 seconds the announcement should
> take place. In fact, the first periodic announce is done after 2
> minutes?
> What is my fault?

Config snipped for clarity...

> [defaultq]
> timeout = 10
> retry = 99
> wrapuptime=15
> maxlen = 0
> announce-frequency = 30
> min-announce-frequency = 30
> periodic-announce-frequency = 30
> announce-holdtime = yes
> announce-position = yes
> announce-to-first-user = yes
> periodic-announce = tt-allbusy,hold-or-dial-0
> reportholdtime = yes

I believe that both timeout and retry have to be less than the announce
intervals.

In your case, retry is set to 99, with the announce intervals set at 30,
therefore you would get announcements at 30, 60, 90, 120, 150... except that
retry=99 stops any announcement before 99, therefore the first one you get is
at 120 (2 minutes).

So, try setting retry to a value not less than 30 and see if that fixes things.

Antony.

--
"It would appear we have reached the limits of what it is possible to achieve
with computer technology, although one should be careful with such statements;

 - John von Neumann (1949)

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.