[asterisk-users] chan_oss.c: Unable to register channel type 'OSS'

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Thu Feb 15 01:45:00 CST 2018

Hi list!

Currently I use Asterisk 1.8.30.0 on an OpenWRT-Switch.
Now I want to change to Asterisk 13.14.1 on a Banana PI (with
Armbian/Debian 9).
Well, I copied the configuration and changed what needed, so
basically, it works, at least with my tests.

But when Asterisk will be started, in the message log I get this error:

[Feb 15 08:40:15] ERROR[3971] chan_oss.c: Unable to register channel
type 'OSS'

Unfortunately I cannot find WHY Asterisk was unable to register a
channel type "OSS".
And then: do I need this? On the old Asterisk I didn't had that...

Thanks a lot for your help!
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)