[asterisk-users] How to add SNMP support to packaged asterisk on Debian stretch

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Feb 11 11:04:08 CST 2018

On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 03:55:40PM +0100, Olivier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I'm not mistaken SNMP support is missing in Debian Stretch packaged
> Asterisk while this support is present in either Jessie or Buster (looking
> at [1] or equivalent pages).
>
> Is it something that can be worked around or shall I fear a major obstacle
> when re-packaging my own asterisk package for Stretch ?

>From the changelog (linked fro
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/asterisk-modules )

  * Disable SNMP support for now
    libsnmp-dev pulls in libssl1.0-dev, which is not coinstallable with
    libssl-dev needed by Asterisk and all other dependencies

I don't remember how difficult it would be to work around. In the worst
case, try backporting libsnmp from Buster.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
http://www.xorcom.com