[asterisk-users] [OT] How to use audio files with SIPp

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 09:04:52 CST 2018

Thank you very much George for replying.

> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 6:27 AM, Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> SIPp's PCAP play feature can replay pre-recorded audio stream towards
>> destination (see [1]).
>> Doc mentions tcpdump and Wireshark as tools to record such RTP streams
>> without further details.
>>

>> Looking at SIPp 3.2 source archive, I found PCAP samples in a pcap/
>> directory.
>> Sample pcap/g711a.pcap file includes RTP from 10.1.3.1:5000 to
>> 10.1.6.18:2006
>>
>> 1. How can you "forge" IPs and/or ports of a pcap file ?
>>

> You don't have to.  sipp only takes the rtp payload from the packets in
> the pcap then just sends the datagrams to the remote in the scenario.

That is exactly what I'm after !

Before diving into this, can I ask which SIPp version and feature are we
talking about here ?

Since I posted my question, I've read this [1] thread mentionning a new WAV
file playing capability but this feature required SIPp 3.4 and above.
On Debian Stetch I'm playing with, packaged SIPp is 3.2.

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20122607/playing-audio-file-using-sipp/20123193