[asterisk-users] Voice mail: MWI problem / pjsip (13.24.0)

Michael Maier m1278468 at mailbox.org
Fri Dec 28 06:12:17 CST 2018

On 27.12.18 at 18:14 Joshua C. Colp wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2018, at 1:07 PM, Michael Maier wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I just want to say, that 13.24.1 doesn't fix the problem described in
>> the posts above.
>
> You're going to need to file an issue[1] with traces and actual configuration.
>
> [1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira

Before I'm opening an issue, I would like to prove my expectations - maybe it isn't a problem at all or it's a problem of the phone.

That's how it works at the moment:

- MWI Mode: unsolicited
- MWI Aggregation: on
- Call arrives and is received as voice mail

- after next REGISTER, the first NOTIFY is sent to phone
- Phone message indicator is blinking and display says: 1 VM
- after next REGISTER, same NOTIFY is sent again
- Phone message indicator stops blinking. Display still says 1 VM
- ...

=> The phone switches of blinking indicator if NOTIFYs repeatedly send the very same information. If there is meanwhile
   one more VM signaled, the indicator is blinking again until this new NOTIFY is sent repeatedly.

My questions:
- Is MWI exactly expected to repeatedly send the same information?

- Is it expected, that unsolicited MWIs are sent only after a REGISTER and not at the moment the VM has been finalized?

Thanks,
Michael