[asterisk-users] Question about packet counts in voipmonitor

Mike Diehl mdiehlenator at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:13:08 CST 2018

Hi all,

I'm not sure this is the place to ask, but here goes...

I'm using voipmonitor to gather call statistics such as packet counts, average jitter, etc.
Eventually, I want to use those stats to detect and alert on poor call quality.

However, I'm finding that the packet counts for each leg of a given call can vary quite a
bit.

For example, I have a call that was connected for 84 seconds.  At 50 frames/sec, I
expect to see about 4200 frames.  However, on one side I see 4187 (which is good) and
on the other side, I only see 2577 frames sent.

Am I doing something wrong?  Or is this approach simply doomed?

Any thoughts would be welcome.

--
Mike Diehl