[asterisk-users] DPMA - simulate mDNS scan from command line

Mitch Claborn mitch_ml at claborn.net
Wed Dec 12 11:21:08 CST 2018

I'm working on an asterisk upgrade to 16.1 and am remote from that
location. We use Digium phones there, configured with DPMA. From my VPN
I can connect to the server directly with the phone on my desk, but it
doesn't find the configuration server automatically since I'm on a
different physical network.

Is there a way to simulate on the linux command line whatever mDNS scan
the phone does when looking for a configuration server, so that I can
verify that it is set up correctly?

Answering my own question:
avahi-browse --resolve _digiumproxy._udp

That seems to do the trick.

--

Mitch